Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ant Attack!

A few nights ago we were out in the backyard watering the lawn. It is part of our normal nightly routine. At about 7 we put Jersey in her walker an stick her on the patio to cruise around and Trace helps me water. This night he wanted to just play which was perfectly fine. he was sitting on some stepping stones and I could tell he was messing with something in the sand. After asking him what he was doing he told me there was an ant. Of course I told him yo leave it alone because ants can bite us. He was a good boy an immediately joined me on the grass. But then not even a minute later my boy was screaming, "Mommy, Help me, Help Me!!!" I looked over at him and both of his little legs were covered in baby red ants. I rushed over and with hose in hand started spraying him down and rubbing the ants off with the other hand. He clutched on to my shoulders and I soaked his whole body. I stripped him down to be sure no ants had made it up past his shorts. I then carried him over to the patio and he just hugged me, I assured him he was OK and we wold take care of all his bites. He stood there naked holding onto me and one of my hands was cradling his bum. My adrenaline rush was settling and I was taking my much needed deep breaths when he spoke these words...."Mommy, can you get your hand off my booty?" I just laughed, which then made him laugh. He was fine after that, just a bit itchy but by the next morning all bites were healed. I laugh everytime I think of his "booty" comment. He is my son for sure!

No comments: