Friday, November 14, 2008

First trip to the ER

Today was Treysons first trip to the emergency room. He managed to to last until he was 3 years and 8 months, not too bad. I was watching a girlfriends son, Gage, this morning. He and Treyson have played before and always have got along. Joe was in the kitchen replacing a few tiles, I was on the phone with my Mom making Thanksgiving plans, Jersey was playing near my feet and the boys were in the bedroom playing. Treyson started to cry, not a horrible cry, but a good one. He came out of the room and I pulled him near me. HE was saying Gage had hit him. I was thinking a little red mark would be there and not too much more. I pulled his hand off of is forehead and WHOOOO, blood galore rushing down his face. I immediately freaked out and told my Mom there was blood and I had to go. I rushed him to the bathroom to start cleaning him up and carefully trying to keep him seated to where he could not see himself in the mirror. I'm not sure if he would have freaked out because of the blood or thought it was cool and I wasn't taking any chances yet. We got him all cleaned up and decided he needed to go to the ER. You know those flags that you can roll up in the window of your car and have flowing while you drive? That is what he was hit with. He had a cut about a centimeter wide, not too big but it was pretty deep. I wasn't taking any chances of infection and so Joe took him in to the hospital. I promised him ice cream when he got home and told him he needed to be strong and I would be strong here at home for him. After they drove away it was like all of a sudden my adrenaline had worn off and I was sick! I don't do good with blood I started sweating and was very nauseated. I guess it was one of those instances that my Motherhood kicked in. I was fine taking care of him but as soon as it was all over I was a mess. I am so very glad that Joe was off today to be here with me and help. I cant imagine having no car and 3 kids in an emergency. Even little things like that remind me I have someone looking over me at all times. Anyway, they returned home about a half hour later and Trace was good as new, not even upset. He got a cool little flashlight and some stickers and when he got home of was ready for his treat I had promised.

First wound worthy of the ER!

Ice cream helps make everything better.


1 comment:

The Davis' said...

Oh man...I am dreading the ER days!! I'm glad it wasn't worse!!